Posts RSS RSS

Welcome to our site

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Warmoth Split Jazzmaster

/

guitarz.blogspot.com:

Here's the second of Dillon's guitars:
The blue guitar here is a custom job, built by the good folks at Warmoth. It's their original split Jazzmaster design, named obviously for the 'split' pickguard. I've been a fan of the Fender body styles every since I started playing, but I felt like I needed something a little more radical; I already had a Strat and a Tele, so the logical progression was obviously the Jazzmaster shape. I put it together about a year ago now, and it's my pride and joy. It's got an HSH pickup configuration with a single-coil-sized humbucker in the middle, though I'm planning on swapping it out for a true single coil as soon as I get the chance. The neck is birdseye maple with a compound neck radius, which is amazingly comfortable and pretty nice to look at too.
It's an interesting variation on a classic design, and a fantastic looking guitar. Thanks for showing us!

I'd just like to ask, is the upper pickguard purely cosmetic, or is there routing in the body beneath for switches (should you want them)?

G L Wilson

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment