Posts RSS RSS

Welcome to our site

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Fernandes Love Driver is a real pussycat

/

guitarz.blogspot.com:

I almost feel that I should have to apologise when posting about another Stratocaster. However, this custom shop quality instrument is no Fender. Built in Japan's FujiGen factory in either the late 1970s or early 1980s (my guess would be the latter), this Fernandes Love Driver with "Erotic Body" is the kind of quality Japanese "copy" that got Fender thinking that if they can't beat them they may as well join them and which led to the emergence of the Squier and Fender Japan lines.

What would you call that finish? It's a kind of dusky pink sparkle. And I'm not usually one for fancy inlay work, but I do like the black cat at the 12th fret position.

G L Wilson

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

2 comments:

Billkwando said...

This is an LD-85KK from the mid/late 90's, my friend. Ken Kitamura signature guitar, from the Japanese band L'Arc~en~Ciel. I own the next model up.
http://cdn.snsimg.carview.co.jp/minkara/photo/000/001/908/855/1908855/p2.jpg?ct=bc2730339d91

Billkwando said...

Whoops, forgot to click notify!

Post a Comment