Posts RSS RSS

Welcome to our site

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

The Ugly Washburn Duckling

/


Hi, this is Bertram from gUitarREN again.

Today I will give you a good tip - I think. On the Thomann online music shop, you can find this atrocious guitar, the Paul Stanley signature Washburn PS400 G3.

What's the point, will you ask ? Well, the painting on this guitar is so ugly and ridiculous that the poor thing that was originally sold at 650€ is now almost given away at a mere 185€ (with an ugly gig back and an awful strap).

I can imagine that a 650€ Washburn is much probably a good guitar, with its Grover tuners, alnico humbuckers, Tune-o-matic bridge and all that stuff. And if you look carefully, the shape is not so bad after all, quite original and as ergonomic as necessary.

So it wouldn't be stupid to buy this now cheap guitar, dismantle it, sand off this shameful finish, slightly file off the pointy bits, oil it, varnish it or paint it something sober and tasteful, and it might happen that you have a good and thankful guitar that will owe you and serve you well for ever, and this for a quite reasonable amount of money and a little bit of sweat...

I would do it myself but my girlfriend who is also my GAS inspector forbid it on the pretext that I have enough guitars and can only acquire necessary ones (you know what I mean). But if someone does it, please let me know!


***** SAVE A GUITAR! *****

0 comments:

Post a Comment