Posts RSS RSS

Welcome to our site

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Unknown Teardrop guitar - not a Vox as far as we know

/

guitarz.blogspot.com:

Here's yet another one for all you guitar detectives:
Hi Gavin,

I bought a lovely vintage teardrop guitar off of ebay, but am struggling to find the manufacturer of it... It's likely Kawai or Teisco, but I can't find a similar/same one online in Google searches. Usually the selector switches/plate are what doesn't match. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Bobby
Hey Bobby, any chance of a look at the headstock? Also, is there any indication of where it was made, like a stamped neckplate saying "Made in Japan"?

My guess would be it was made in Japan, and I think I'd incline more towards Kawai than Teisco, but I have to confess that I really don't know. Perhaps other readers may have some better ideas.

G L Wilson

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

2 comments:

vonschlieffke said...

It could be Kay, but i'm not so sure.

Unknown said...

I'd say it's an Emperador. I have the same guitar in 12 string config.
It has 'made in Japan' stamped on the bottom of the neck plate. Also if the nameplate has been removed from the headstock, there should be two small pin holes showing where it was fixed on.

Post a Comment